Friday 6 February 2009

Blue Mage (BLU) Review!

Before I begin this review, I want you to grab a belt. A leather belt will do. Don't question me, JUST GET ONE! Now I want you to slap yourself on the arm 30 times with it.





The majority of you have probably realised that this really hurts.


THIS IS WHAT YOU LEET BASTARDS GET FOR UNDERESTIMATING BLUE MAGE!


I can't possibly imagine what FFXI would be like without Blue mage, seriuosly. Here we were playing our normal jobs, that get normal invites to use our normal weapon skills on normal boring monsters that we see every day of the week.


And then Blue mage decided to jump into the light, out of the darkness and kicked you in the balls for not having variety in your gameplay. All people on FFXI do is grind one job (WAR/BRD/RDM or SAM, you know, the jobs people have a giant stiffy about) and that job is used for infinity and beyond.

Untill you get BLM 75 that is.

Then its the other way around.

After they released BLU in ToAU, it was the first job I wanted to unlock, and level up to 75. But poor me (not litterally) couldn't install ToAU on my old PC. Apparently, my old PC doesn't have a DVD drive. So, I waited a couple of weeks before I played in the ToAU regions and UNLOCK BLUE MAGE!

Now that i'm BLU 75, it makes me sick to see people say "This job sucks", "Why don't you level a real job Chris?". I'm getting this from bloody BEASTMASTERS. I mean, what the hell is a "real job"? By "real" do they mean "leet"? I believe they do.

Blue mage makes players fight monsters that they have never encountered before, like Dragons and Hyppogryths (probably spelt that wrong, but who cares), and most people complain about having to FIND these spells.

Ok so, it taken me over a year to get 105 spells, so what? I didn't exactly go spell hunting every day of the week, it was more of an occasional thing.

But if SE going in the direction of innovation for new jobs, BLU was their best invention yet.

No comments: