Tuesday 1 December 2009

Fooking Limbus.

Right, my first FFXI rant for a while.

I love how people make out that my luck is generally sh*t when it comes down to Limbus. But you know, its just my poor choice in the decisions I make. I also love how people blame me for stuff that usually isn't my fault.

My biggest mistake in the whole time in playing FFXI was leaving my original Limbus shell to join my best friends Limbus shell.

Now I bet you're asking yourself "How is this bad? You're getting to play with your best friend". That wouldn't have been such a problem if he didn't change his mind like the wind. We did limbus for about 2 months, then we decided to go back and join Ephorate, my old linkshell.

Because my friend decided the linkshell wasn't going anywhere.

Now incase you guys don't play FFXI, i'll explain what a linkshell or 'shell or LS is.

If you've played other online games, then its most comonly called a Guild.

If you've never played an online game or game whatsoever before and just reading this, then:

A linkshell is like a room of people, but you can't physically see anyone, you can just see what they type. They're used for all kinds of stuff such as social chatter, setting up events, and if people are nice, they usually give you advice/help.

Limbus is an event you can do once every 3 days (yes, 72 real life hours) that involves doing a few 4-6 different zones that consist of 1-6 floors filled with monsters that you have to kill, and after doing the last floor in these zones, you get a chest which gives you a chip to do the central areas to kill Omega and Ultima. These zones are split up between two different zones that drop different armour sets, Temenos is where Ultima resides and drops Nashira gear, where as Apollyon is where Omega resides and drops the Homam gear.

Anyway, back to what I was saying earlier. It was a mistake that I left because I didn't get anywhere.

At all.

I might have aswell stayed in my old linkshell, but get this:

ALL of my points I originally had were all removed. Ok, I'm fine with that I guess, I did leave the LS after all. But Posty kept all the points he had after moving servers for 3 months and coming back.

???

What?! So wait, they drop all my points for leaving for another shell, but Posty keeps all his points after moving servers? What the f^*k people, What the f^*k.

But i'm past that I guess. I'll just mention it the next time someone does it.

What i'm not past is that ever since I joined AGAIN i've STILL yet to have ANYTHING from the LS, and its been nearly a year and a half. And not to mention you're not allowed to get someone to do Limbus for you.

"Luck of the Draw" Fullen? F^*k off. Its thanks to Whiney little B*st*rds (Madawc >_>) and leaders trying to resolve things that THIS HAS HAPPENED.

So you see, in this kind of event, I'm going to be top of the list for Homam FOREVER! Which makes no sense if they keep doing runs on days I can't actually be there. And its not like they don't know about it either.

I might be sounding a bit selfish, but wouldn't it make more sense for them to do a run where most people turn up?? The only reason why I can't turn up on Mondays is because University Clashes with Limbus, and Real life is far more important. Also, logging on at the train station is a No No, not because I can't or don't want to, its just plain silly.

But hold on folks, that isn't the best bit.

The best bit is that I WAS RIGHT ABOUT WHAT WAS GONNA DROP.

2 feet
1 body

I always have a gut feeling that if something I want that i'm up for drops when i'm not there, it WILL drop.

And I can garuntee that this will happen again.

No comments: