Thursday 3 December 2009

Well... bugger me

I don't think you guys know yet, but as part of my second year, I am doing a news Module where I am given 3 weeks to research, script, film and edit a news story. And then I have to make 5 news story categories and put them into one whole news package.



Anyway, 2 weeks have passed since we were given this 3 week assignment.



Now i'm on my last week.



...with nothing filmed or edited.



Good going Chris, procrastination ftl.



My only reason for not getting this news story filmed is mainly week 2 where I was doing this podcast for trent FM.



Oh dears! Not a good time to choose to do a podcast now is it?


But now that I have been put in this really tight situation, i've now only got a week left to film, interview and film all of the footage I need to edit to hand in for Monday.

Not to mention that i've barely started my Genre Essay... Not that its hard, but still, the fact that i've barely made an effort is rather... sad?

I only have 2 more weeks to hand in everything!

Anyway, back onto the subject.

So yesterday, I was looking through news article after news article to find something to do my feature news story on. After looking for 2 days and not seeing anything that particularly interests me...

BAM!

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Leicester's Bowstring Bridge. PERFECT!

The bridge is quite close to where I live, so getting GVs is easy. Even phoned up Stuart Bailey and got an interview easily.

At the time I was thinking "Oh my god! This is awesome!". As i've clearly expressed, I was very happy.

Then after that, Wednesday just seemed to turn extremely weird from there...

The first thing was forgetting to take the kit I booked out with me (!?), I only remembered after I bought some KFC and my news story came across my mind, and my exact thought was:

"I could have sworn I was meant to carry more than this..."

So I headed back to confetti to pick up my kit. Weird, because i've never forgotten kit that i've booked out... so I thought that was the worst of it over.

No.

Such.

Luck.

For THURSDAY just took the piss.

In a list, this is how Thursday went, from 12:00.

2:00: Finally decided to log off FFXI after doing Salvage.

2:01: Just realised that I hadn't watched Waterloo Road. So decided to watch it.

2:59: Waterloo Road finished and then decided to watch Bleach... and didn't. So I watched =3 instead.

4:30: Fell asleep, well, i'm sure I fell asleep around this time. Yes, I watched =3 for an hour and a half.

8:30: Wake up reasonably late, considering I wanted to be up at 7:30...

9:20: Leave my house to catch the bus to the train station.

9:54: Arrived just outside of the station, keep in mind, this is when the train LEAVES the station.

When all hope was lost, I decided to wait for the next train, then find out the train I wanted was actually delayed, and I was minutes from missing the delayed train.

10:05: JUST made it to the train, and even though I was partially late for my interview, I thought everything would be okay.

10:15: MADE IT to Loughborough (you didn't know before, so you do now), now for the easy bit, to get to-

To get to-

???

OH F^*K! I completely forgot where I was going and lost my sense of direction. Not to mention I neglected to print off a map.

Yeah...i'm never doing that again.

Okay, to this point, I really DO feel like I have rambled on FAR too much and too the point where I feel I may be boring you guys. I'll continue this in another post another day, for now, I shall do my scripting.

...yeah.

No comments: